Sunday 10 July 2016

Day 10 My current favourite TV series - 30 day blog challenge.

Todays post was hard to write, I couldn't think of TV series that is my favourite. At the moment I am watching The American Horror Story from the beginning and also The Big Bang Theory From series one. But there is one program I want to tell you about that I have just finished watching as I was apprehensive when I started it but I was so gripped by the end I really can't wait for the next series (and it didn't help they left it on such a big cliff hanger!)
The show I am talking about is called Spotless. 


I watched it on Netflix but I think it was released on a French TV network first. The two main are characters are brothers Jean and Martin. Jean is a crime scene cleaner, whose tidy life is turned upside down when his brother arrives from France on the run with a dead body in a freezer and turns his life upside down and entangles them into a life of organised crime. The show is set in London so their are no annoying subtitles apart from in the flash back scenes where you see what happened to the brothers when they were young boys living in France. When a drugs handover goes wrong then are recruited by the gang who use Jean's crime scene cleaning business to their advantage and make them clean up after then business exchanges. This eventually begins to effects Jean's family and as he becomes the ring leaders personal murder scene abolisher he drifts away from family life, and Martin strangely becomes closer to his brothers family, but not in the way you would think. Over the ten episodes there is something that draws you in and makes you feel connected to the characters and I just couldn't turn it off, watching the whole of the series in two nights. Some of you may notice the crime ring leader Nelson Clay (played by Brendan Coyle) from the amazing Downton Abby where is played Mr Bates. 
The cast of Spotless where very well chosen and really suite the characters. 

I would rate this program 5 stars and I think I have told most people I know that they need to check this out. go ahead and see for yourselves, you won't be disappointed. 

Thanks for reading, 
Charlie x


No comments:

Post a Comment