Wednesday 13 July 2016

Day 13 Favourite films - 30 day blog challenge.


I've been looking forward to writing this post since I started the 30 day blog challenge. I will give a brief description to some of the films but I am just going to write a list from most favourite to lesser favourite films.


Elf 
Im sure everyone know the film Elf, and if you don't where have you been? I must have watched it like 100 times and I'm not even joking I start watching it in September! It starts explaining the begging of Buddy's story (played by Will Ferrell), how he ended up in the north pole and the problems he had growing up with the other elves. You see him find out that he is actually human and then he begins his journey to New York to find his Father who works at a publishing company but buddy had found out his Father was on the naughty list and this upset him and he wanted to find out why. He defiantly does that as his father rejects him at first and but after a paternity test he takes buddy home to meet his step mom and brother. Without telling you the rest of the story, It ends great for Buddy, despite some problems settling in to the real world at first he finally finds himself and is happy. As you can tell I love Elf as I said I wouldn't write much about the films but I just couldn't help myself! I hope you enjoy the film as much as I have over and over again.


Django Unchained
Django Unchained has Leonardo Dicaprio in it.. enough said. Its actually the film where he cut he hand open while filming and then improvised and smeared it across his fellow actresses face and they kept the scene in the film. He even had to go have stitches after. 
The film is about slavery, but focuses on one particular slave, Django and the journey he takes from being freed by a bounty hunter and then finds his wife who is enslaved at Candie land owned by Dicraprio's character Calvin Candie There is a lot of violence and swearing in the film but I think thats what makes it realistic. When I started watching it I thought it was bit slow at getting into the action but it its a perfect pace for the film and makes you want to watch it again and again. 
Directed by Quentin Tarantino and staring Jamie Foxx, Samuel L Jackson, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio.




Coming to America

Released in 1988 Coming to America is about and african prince who travels to Queens, New York to find a wife of his choice who has more than just a title and that he has something in common with. He hides his true identity, which cause some problems later on but all comes together at the end for a big african royal wedding. 


The Exorcist (1973)
I watched this for the first time when I was quite young and I was apprehensive because my mom told me it was really scary and that she didn't like it. I think if you were watching it in a theatre when it first came up the special effects were modern and it probably felt scary but because of some of the films I've watched like all the Saw's and the Purge it actually made me laugh!                                                    
Despite that its still a great film and I would recommend it to anyone.
The Purge
I was terrified when I first watched this film. Its like my worst nightmare for something like this to happen and I think thats why its one of the scariest films I've watched but also one of the best. Check the trailer out for yourself and see what you think. 


Other movies I like are
  • Grease
  • Saw
  • Purple Rain 
  • Killing Bono
  • The Hobbit 
  • All Marvel Films
  • 21 and 22 Jump Street
  • The Conjuring
  • The Twilight Saga
  • The Fault in Our Stars
Thanks for reading, there are probably loads more films I love but my mind goes blank when I need to list things :)
Charlie x







No comments:

Post a Comment