Monday 11 July 2016

Day 11 Favourite books - 30 day blog challenge

This probably sounds bad but I don't think I actually have ten books that I would class as my favourite but I'll have a go and this post anyway. I only read a book if I love it by the first paragraph as with my dyslexia it would be too much work to read a crap one.


Ten Things We Shouldn't Have Done

My first favourite book is from a couple of years ago and its called Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski.  Its a great book for teen girls, I would probably say 16+ and I am really glad my friend brought this for me,  I've read it several times and it never gets boring. 
'2 girls + 3 guys + 1 house - parents = 10 things April and her friends did that they (definitely, maybe, probably) shouldn't have.'

April moves in wither her friend and lies to her parents who think her friends mom is there when she is actually not. A fake email and a few lies later April is living the parentless life and the journey starts. 

It is defiantly worth the read and is actually hilarious! 
I couldn't put the book done and despite my dyslexia I read it surprisingly faster than any other book. 
grab yourself a copy of the book here http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005ES0V6G

Address Unknown


My second favourite book is probably Address Unknown by Kressmann Taylor. I actually read this book when I was doing my A Levels as part of my English course. Its an epistolatory book between two friends which starts when one of them moves back to Germany just before the uprising of Hitler but the catch is that the other friend is a Jew so when then censoring of letters began they had to be careful to make sure they weren't spotted corresponding to each other. Its a short book and if you have an interest in the Nazi uprising in WWII then I think this book is for you. You can grab a copy here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006WB2EC8




The Innocent Killer 

I read this book after seeing the series Making and Murderer on Netflix and I loved it. It explains the process of what happened to Steven Avery. 
The description on Amazon is 'The story of one of America's most notorious wrongful convictions, that of Steven Avery, a Wisconsin man who spent eighteen years in prison for a crime he did not commit and now the subject of the hit series Making a Murderer. But two years after he was exonerated of that crime and poised to reap millions in his wrongful conviction lawsuit, Steven Avery was arrested for the exceptionally brutal murder of Teresa Halbach, a freelance photographer who had gone missing several days earlier. The “Innocent Man” had turned into a cold blooded killer. Or had he? This is narrative non-fiction at its finest and the perfect companion read for fans of Making a Murderer.'

Go grab a copy now here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AND3IM0
and also check out the series on Netflix if you haven't already! 

Thanks for reading and I hope you would enjoy reading one of these books too!
Charlie x









No comments:

Post a Comment