Saturday 9 July 2016

Day 8 Best memories of my life so far - 30 day blog challenge.

Day 8 is all about some of the best memories from my life so far. This is surprisingly something hard to write about, its like your mind goes blank when someone asks a question like this.
I think to make it easier I will start with the most recent things I can think about.


The first best memory is picking up Tinkerbell. I will always remember it because she was the smallest ball of fluff and I had never seen a dog so small, she was about the size of a kitten but with tiny legs and a tail like a rabbits. I fell in love with her instantly. She would just sleep on my lap all the time and she did hand stands into her food bowl because she was too small to reach the middle. I also will always remember the first time she walked up the stairs, I was so proud of her as she kept trying for months but she had to wait until her little legs were long enough. I have attached a video of the first time she walked up the stairs below.

My second best memory is probably seeing my eldest sister get married (check out her blog here and read about her best memories too). It was a great day and I was glad that i was bridesmaid. It took a lot of planning, I helped with all the invites and the table decorations and it took a lot of hours too complete, but the venue looked stunning. It was a great night too after the ceremony and the wedding breakfast, even if I did drink a little too much and nearly brake my nose when I smacked it off a sink (atlas thats some great memories, I don't think I will be forgetting that anytime soon!). Here are some of my favourite snaps from the day :)
Me and my friends (L - R) Sam, Me, Desi & Shannon.
My brother and his girlfriend with my grandad.
Cutting the Cake.
The cake arrangement.
Me and my two sisters with my dad in the background.

My third best memory would have to be getting to be apart of an amazing charity called Noah's Ark Trust. Unfortunately it is no longer around, which is a shame for all the children in my area who have lost a loved one and need some help to grieve. We had residential and one to one sessions and a few years after I was a part of a project with other people who had been through the charity to create a film that explained the process of what the charity does so it could go into school and be shown to people who may need some help coping with their loss. Even though I lost my uncle and grandad which was two on the worst things I have even been through, I found something so special for the children going through the worst experience of their lives. I owe everyone who helped me through the period after I lost my grandad and uncle and if I had the chance I defiantly would give something back and help all the children in their time of need. 
These are all the loverly people I met at Noah's Ark.

I hope you have enjoyed hearing a few of my favourite memories from my life so far, and I'm sure there are many more to come and I plan on sharing every single one with you.

Thanks for reading,
Charlie x



1 comment:

  1. Love the Noahs Ark picture. If I'm ever in the position in the future I would love to start another bereavement charity! We wouldn't be where we all are now without them.

    ReplyDelete